Family Based

There are few things more rewarding for an immigration lawyer than helping unite or create a new family.

At Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC, our experienced lawyers and staff will carefully answer your questions and help you through your USA family immigration matters.

Explore Our latest Success Stories

Venezuelan Family Wins US Citizenship Except Mother; Family Files I-944 Self-Sufficiency Declaration; and I-130 and I-485 for Green Card for Mother

Your Family-Based Immigration Attorneys

It takes a law firm with experienced and skilled attorneys to handle immigration; it is even more important in the more challenging cases. Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC, is one of the premier immigration law firms in the United States. Our attorneys have 200 combined years of experience in immigration issues and have helped tens of thousands of immigrants.
If you’re based in the U.S and looking to bring your family to live with you, please schedule a consultation with one of our experienced immigration attorneys, who will create a personalized plan based on your circumstances. We represent immigrants nationwide.

How can I bring my fiancè to live with me in the United States?

K-1 fiancé visas allow you to stay in the United States for 90 days to marry your fiancé and apply for permanent residency (aka a “green card”). K-2 visas are available for children of people who get K-1 visas.

A K-3 visa holder has concluded a valid marriage with a citizen of the United States; has a relative petition (Form I-130) filed by the U.S. citizen spouse for the person; seeks to enter the United States to await the approval of the petition and subsequent lawful permanent resident status; and has an approved Form I-129F. 

A K-4 visa holder is a person under 21 years of age and is the unmarried child of an alien eligible to be a K-3.

How can I bring my spouse to live with me in the United States?

Many other types of visas are reserved for spouses and children of people who enter the United States on special visas. For example, F-2 visas are for the spouses and children of students in academic or language training programs. The students themselves enter on F-1 visas.

Similarly, J-2 visas are reserved for spouses and children of exchange visitors, who come in on J-1 visas. L-2 visas are given to the immediate family members of L-1 visa holders, who are people transferred to the United States branch of an international company. An E-2 visa holder may bring his or her spouse and minor unmarried children to the U.S. as dependents in the E-2 category as well. Similarly, for those principal holders of H-1B visas, an immediate family member may accompany that H-1B holder under the H-4 visa. For more information about such visas, contact our attorneys.

Immigration Through Marriage To A US Citizen

It is well-known that marrying a U.S. citizen can get you a green card, but it is often a complex and challenging process. For example, we had one client who made mistakes on her fiancé petition that seemed to doom her application. But our attorneys helped her file a waiver of excludability based on her troubled marriage and got a successful ending.

Once married, whether you married in the U.S. or abroad, you will need to undergo a marriage interview with a representative of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The job of the interviewer is to determine if your marriage is “real” or if it is simply a marriage of convenience.

The immigration lawyers at the law office of Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC, provide culturally sensitive legal advice to couples facing the marriage interview process. Allow us to help you approach this important interview with confidence.

Get Started with a

Schedule a consultation and review your immigration case with one of our experienced attorneys.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form. Due to heavy demand, please note that, should you wish to proceed with an attorney consultation, these are by appointment only and cost $400.
Privacy Policy