Investment Based

Immigration Explainer: Investment Immigration

Learn about the process to move to the Unites States through investment, whether you’re eligible, how much it costs, and how long it takes.

Businesses, entrepreneurs and investors have a lot at stake in immigration, particularly for multinational business ventures.

In many cases, it is advantageous to spend extended stays in the United States or to permanently immigrate. In these cases, you can pursue an investment visa.

At Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC, we understand the importance of efficiency and completeness for immigrants pursuing treaty and investment visas. Our lawyers are highly experienced and meticulous advocates who are invaluable resources to their clients.

Explore Our latest Success Stories

Brazil Widow and Son Obtain Green Cards and US Citizenship as EB-5 Immigrant Investors; Son Obtains Grandson’s Green Card During Pandemic

Your Investment Immigration Attorneys

It takes a law firm with experienced and skilled attorneys to handle immigration; it is even more important in the more challenging cases. Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC, is one of the premier immigration law firms in the United States. Our attorneys have 200 combined years of experience in immigration issues and have helped tens of thousands of immigrants.
If you believe you may be eligible for Investment-Based Immigration, please schedule a consultation with one of our experienced citizenship attorneys, who will create a personalized immigration plan based on your circumstances. We represent immigrants nationwide.

What are the options for Investment-Based Immigration?

There are several investment visas, including the E-1 and E-2 visas, as well as the EB-5 immigrant investor visa. The E-1 and E-2 are categorized as treaty visas. The goal of treaty visas is to encourage trade between the United States and the treaty country. The E-1 visa is primarily granted to employees of enterprises, whereas the E-2 visa is granted to the investors of those enterprises.

To learn more about E Category (Investment Route) for yourself and your family, check out our free immigration guide on Investment-Based Immigration. 

E-1 Visas: For Traders

Under an E-1 visa, employees or treaty traders can enter the United States under certain conditions. The first is that they are there facilitating ongoing trade between their country of origin and parties in the U.S. The next is that this trade must account for at least 50% of their business interests. There are other requirements, including that they should be able to support themselves and be essential to a business’s operations.

E-2 Visa: For Investors

Investors who are in the process of making a business investment that seriously impacts their personal assets or business interests. The investor must make or be in the process of making a substantial investment in a business. The U.S. requires that persons who apply for a visa in this category are personally involved in their business and are putting their own assets at stake. There are additional requirements around the timing, value and use of their investments.

The Limitations Of Investment Visas

The duration of stay for E-1 and E-2 visas is initially two years at admission, which can then be extended for an additional two years at a time without limit. The spouse and children (under 21) of the trader or investor will be admitted in the same category as the principal visa holder, regardless of nationality.

Get Started with a

Schedule a consultation and review your immigration case with one of our experienced attorneys.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form. Due to heavy demand, please note that, should you wish to proceed with an attorney consultation, these are by appointment only and cost $400.
Privacy Policy