Your Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) or Green Card application may be denied because you are ruled inadmissible. Inadmissibility may include for a Criminal or Civil Penalty, Alien Smuggling, Fraud or Willful Misrepresentation, and Unlawful Presence. Our clients hire Margaret W. Wong & Associates to helps them overcome these issues. We help them submit an immigration Waiver, such as the I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. Sometimes USCIS questions a waiver, issuing a Request for Evidence (RFE), where USCIS requires you provide a written statement explaining why you think you are inadmissible. We can help with that, too. You have to be ready. Find out how we helped our clients with these Waiver Success Stories.

I-601A Waiver Allowed to apply for a Green Card

On the Path to a Green Card: I-601A

Coming to America Our client, Mr. W, was born in China in 1972. He came to the U.S. as a young man seeking a better life in 1997. While immigration authorities denied his application for a Green Card in 2001, he continued living and working in the United States, still seeking his American dream. In 2007, he married another Chinese immigrant. His wife’s sister had come to the U.S. in

Read More »

I-601A Waiver for an Indian Man

Coming to America In 2004, our client came to the United States from India after crossing the border illegally in Mexico. He was only 20 years old at the time and was not married. After a few years, he met and married his wife and they started a family together. Her family was also from India but she, like their new son, was an American citizen. She wanted to apply

Read More »

Hard Work for I-601A Waiver

First Steps with Our Firm Our client, Mr. G, came to the United States from Mexico when he was just 16 years old. He was looking for a better life and found love. He met his wife, a U.S. citizen, and they started a family together, living in Ohio. After they were married, ICE came to their home one day and arrested Mr. G. Looking to get him out of

Read More »

Two-pronged approach gets Waiver

Our client, Ms. P, came to the United States from India in 2002 at the age of 40. She fled the violence and discrimination against women that are common in India. After a few years in the USA, she came to Margaret Wong for help with her case. There are many different strategies that we can use to help immigrants stay in the U.S. For this case, we decided to

Read More »

Client trying to continue fellowship gets necessary extension

Our office was retained to assist our client in continuing his fellowship program. His permission to remain in the US ended on June 30, 2005. He was not being permitted to continue his program because he had previously been granted a waiver of the two year home residency requirement that is applicable to J-1 physicians. Although he never complied with the waiver since he did not start with the contracting

Read More »

Pediatrician awarded J-Visa waiver under Conrad 30 program

Dr. J, a pediatrician from India, came to the U.S. with a J-1 visa. This type of visa allows medical students to study in the U.S., with the requirement that they return to their home country for at least two years after completion of studies. The idea is that the home country should have the benefit of the education the visa holder received in the U.S. Dr. J, however, had

Read More »

Chinese cardiology researcher stays in US

Mrs. P came from China to the USA on a J1 visa to further her studies on the relationship of heart disease to Lipoprotein sub-groups. She needed to learn new techniques in her field and then return home, to her relatives, friends and university job in China. She never expected to fall in love or even get married to a foreigner (non-Chinese person). Her J1 visa required her to go

Read More »

J-1 waiver for Mexican doctor based on hardship

Dr. Q of Mexico has spent nearly his entire life in the U.S. He came here as a small child and has rarely visited his country of birth. However, he and his family were not permanent residents. In order to remain in a lawful status, Dr. Q had attending college as an F-1 student. In order to attend medical school, he accepted a J-1 visa. When he came to the

Read More »

Adjustment of status approved for j-1 visa holder with no i-612 waiver approval

Young Mr. Z, of China, entered the U.S. as a J-1 (Exchange Visitor non-immigrant visa) high school student. His visa stated clearly that he was “subject to 212(e),” meaning that he was required to return home to China for two years upon completion of his studies. But life had other plans, and Mr. Z married his high school sweetheart, a U.S. citizen. The two were concerned about Mr. Z’s old

Read More »

Ohio department of health J-1 waiver approved

Our office was retained by a physician who had a job offer to work in an underserved area in mid-Ohio. This foreign born was a foreign medical graduate who did his medical residency in the US on a J-1 visa, and because of this required a waiver of the two year home residency rule. In January of 2014, we obtained the Department of State visa number and prepared the waiver

Read More »
Scroll to Top