Labor Certification

Immigrants and businesses employing foreigners frequently request our services to help with the permanent labor certification program (PERM) in order to obtain permanent residency, otherwise known as a green card, for that individual. The PERM process is the most common way to obtain permanent residency on the basis of employment. Throughout our decades of experience helping individuals, families, and employers, we have helped many people with navigating the labor certification processing times, understanding the process, and submitting the application. These PERM / Labor Certification success stories are just a few examples of the many cases we have successfully worked on. We are proud to share them.

DACA Immigrant working on permanent residency

Our client immigrated to the United States when she was only fourteen years old. She came on a cultural exchange from China and never went back. As an adult, in May 2014, she came to our firm seeking status. During this time, she was pursuing a GED (a certificate validating that a person has completed high school and has the necessary skills acquired in high school), so she was eligible

Read More »

Chinese cook gets i-140 approval

We started working a case for a Chinese cook in September 2002 when we filed his I-140 (Petition for an Alien Worker) based on a petition by the employer, a Chinese restaurant. Our client had previously filed a Labor Certification in January 2002 which received a letter forwarding it to the Backlog Processing Center only in January 2005, being approved in April 2005. Therefore in June 2005 we filed a

Read More »

Material science researcher gets i-140 Visa

The expression “persistence pays off” accurately reflects our Korean client’s arduous case. Our client, whom holds a Ph.D in material science, made outstanding contributions to a field of science that requires the utmost expertise and competence. His contributions included ground-breaking research at a top United States University and constructive contributions towards the United States government. In order to secure our client’s status, we filed an I-140: Immigrant Petition for Alien

Read More »

Mexican couple with TN Visas receive Green Cards

Mr. and Mrs. E entered the U.S. from Mexico as TN professionals. The TN is a work visa very much like an H-1B, but it is offered to citizens of Mexico and Canada by special agreement via the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). It is available to professionals whose occupations are listed by the agreement (just google “list of TN professions” and it should pop up). There are no

Read More »

Indian immigrant gains legal employment status

Mr. K was born in India and came to the United States at the age of 45. He soon began working at a gas station in Alabama the next year when he was the victim of a robbery, which profoundly affected him. Accordingly, a previous attorney filed an I-918 Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status on his behalf; while he meets the requirements, the USCIS has already granted the maximum number

Read More »
Scroll to Top