I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

Immigrants with special skills and abilities can use Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, to petition U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an immigrant visa. We have helped many immigrants with filling out, gathering documents in support of, and submitting Form I-140 to USCIS. For some categories of the employment-based visas, such as the EB1-1, Employment-Based Extraordinary Ability Green Card, the petitioner can self-petition without a job offer. For other categories, such as the EB2, for members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent, the petitioner generally requires a job offer. We are proud to share these I-140 success stories with you and are honored to help our accomplished and skilled clients secure their futures in the United States.

Ex-Soviet scientist receives EB-1 Visa Approval

What Dr. K needed  Dr. K is an ex-Soviet scientist who now specializes in the planning and building of power infrastructure in developing countries (think electrical power plants, sub-stations and electrical grids). He approached us at Margaret Wong and Associates for assistance in obtaining an EB-1 “Extraordinary Ability” Green Card. You see, the best research in renewable energy technology is being done here in the U.S. Dr. K wanted to

Read More »

German resident approved for I-140

In July 2007, an employer wanted to file a PERM (Permanent Labor Certification) for his employee who was living in Germany at the time. After receiving an audit notification and filing a timely response, the case was approved in March 2008. The next step for the client and employer was to file an I-140. The alien had two options in this case. The first option was to come to the

Read More »

Multinational manager denied I-140 for EB-1 Visa was refiled and approved

Mr. and Mrs. P of India came to the Law Offices of Margaret W. Wong & Associates with bad news: Mrs. P’s I-140 petition as an EB-1 Multinational Manager had just been denied. Even worse, Mrs. P’s L-1A visa renewal had also just been denied! Suddenly, Mr. and Mrs. P had not only lost their petition for a Green Card – they were also present in the U.S. with no

Read More »

Status changed for an immigrant from Sri Lanka after filed i-140 and i-539

Mr. N.A is a citizen of Sri Lanka. He came to the United States in January 2005 with an F1 visa — a nonimmigrant student visa. When in March 2016 he contacted our office seeking our help, he had applied for a Green Card through USCIS, and had received an RFE (Request for Further Evidence) and needed to respond to it. His status was changed to the F2 Visa, which

Read More »

Belgian immigrant changes employers and status, and becomes permanent resident

Mr. P ventured from Belgium to the United States in pursuit of a potential job opportunity. Initially, he started working for a U.S. employer using an H-1B visa, which allows immigrants to work in the states for up to 6 years. But after some time, his visa was going to expire when the 6 years were ending. During this time, the prospects for having to leave changed when he was

Read More »
Scroll to Top