I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Using the I-130 Form citizens and lawful permanent residents of the United States (green card holders) may file petitions for immigrant visas for certain close relatives. U.S. citizens can file I-130 petitions for their spouses, children, parents, and siblings. Current green card holders can file I-130 petitions for their spouses and unmarried children (under 21).  Filing the I-130 is only the first step in helping a relative immigrate to the United States. Form I-130 establishes that a valid family relationship exists between a U.S. citizen or green card holder and a person seeking a green card. The following Margaret W. Wong and Associates client success stories are examples of those who have obtained I-130 Petition for Alien relative. Contact us today if you have any questions regarding this form

Green Card for New Parents

Ms. C was born in China. She went to school in China and then Japan before coming to the United States. She entered the U.S. legally on a B-2 Visa and moved to Chicago. One day, at a mall, she met a young American medical researcher. Soon, she discovered that she was unexpectedly expecting. He immediately proposed and they were soon married. They moved together to Maryland and then began

Read More »
I-601A Waiver Allowed to apply for a Green Card

On the Path to a Green Card: I-601A

Coming to America Our client, Mr. W, was born in China in 1972. He came to the U.S. as a young man seeking a better life in 1997. While immigration authorities denied his application for a Green Card in 2001, he continued living and working in the United States, still seeking his American dream. In 2007, he married another Chinese immigrant. His wife’s sister had come to the U.S. in

Read More »

Hard Work for I-601A Waiver

First Steps with Our Firm Our client, Mr. G, came to the United States from Mexico when he was just 16 years old. He was looking for a better life and found love. He met his wife, a U.S. citizen, and they started a family together, living in Ohio. After they were married, ICE came to their home one day and arrested Mr. G. Looking to get him out of

Read More »

Green Card dream come true

Mr. W’s Story of Struggle Our client, Mr. W, was an electrical engineer in his home country of China and had traveled extensively for his work. Eventually, in 1997, his travels brought him to the United States; he entered legally, originally on a visitor visa. Once he was in this country, he was dazzled by the quality and quantity of educational opportunities here. He also began to appreciate the more

Read More »

Two-pronged approach gets Waiver

Our client, Ms. P, came to the United States from India in 2002 at the age of 40. She fled the violence and discrimination against women that are common in India. After a few years in the USA, she came to Margaret Wong for help with her case. There are many different strategies that we can use to help immigrants stay in the U.S. For this case, we decided to

Read More »

Saudi Arabian woman wins motion to reopen, Green Card through naturalized husband

Mrs. M, of Saudi Arabia, was married to a Green Card holder. Together they had three children born in the U.S. Unfortunately Mrs. M had a long history of immigration proceedings. She had applied for asylum, which was denied. She was placed in court proceedings and ordered removed. It was at this point, in 2008, that she approached the Law Office of Margaret Wong and Associates. She was in a

Read More »
Green Card Family

Complicated case ends with Green Cards for entire family!

In January 2007, USCIS sent interview notices for the mother and youngest daughter only, forgetting about the oldest daughter, for whom we submit a Mandamus Complaint. We insisted that they needed to set an interview for the oldest daughter before she turned 21. In the meantime, we discovered that both the oldest and youngest daughters had criminal records with Juvenile Court (for under aged alcohol possession and other). We followed

Read More »

Adult daughter gets i-130 passed in order to stay with her parents

The opportunities to succeed and live well in the United States are only two reasons we were contacted by our English client, a client with a wonderful family, whose friendship we have valued for many years. Our client originally immigrated into the United States on F-1 visa status, which is a non-immigrant, full-time student visa that allows those from outside of the country to obtain an education in the United

Read More »

Client’s parents who overstayed get a Green Card

In 1996, this client came from Philippines to visit her parents, who were living in USA for three years. They had come with a visitors’ visa and had overstayed. After being with her parents for a while she decided to take the same risk as them, and stayed too. Later she met a good man who was a US Citizen and they got married. She received her Green Card and

Read More »
Scroll to Top