Woman from Honduras marries U.S. Man receives advance parole to see family and her Green Card

Legal in United States for many years and gets married

Our Client, is women from Honduras who came to the United States in 1998 and is a good resident of this country. She applied for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) which was granted. She married a US Citizen, and asked Margaret W. Wong about her options, to visit her family, which she hasn’t seen in 20 years, and how to obtain her Green Card.

Due to her deep immigration experience, Attorney Wong advised and applied for All FOIA and FBI fingerprints for this client. It is very important to know what our client had signed, applied or forms filed with US Immigration before filing an I-130 or I-485 Application with USCIS. After getting to know the history of the case, and all the forms she had previously submitted, Attorney Margaret W. Wong advised the client to file the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative, I-485 Adjustment of Status, I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, and I-131 Advance Parole Document.

The MMW Team took action

Our Paralegal Brian, and assistant Emily, worked with the client, made the filing, which was accepted by USCIS. In about 50 days from the filing of the case, our client received her Work Authorization (EAD) and also her Advance Parole. She was allowed to go and see her family in Honduras after almost 20 years.

In April our Client had her interview with the USCIS in Columbus, Ohio, which we prepared and attended the interview with the Client. After the Interview, a Request for Evidence (RFE) was issued from the USCIS, asking for a few more documents. We advised and helped the client gather those document, and the response was sent to the USCIS. The Application for Adjustment of Status was approved in June and our Client received her Green Card.

Check out more Green Card Success Stories