Green Card

Green Cards are the permit allowing immigrants to permanently live and work in the United States of America. Green Cards are also known as “Lawful Permanent Resident Card”. Green Card holders are known as “Permanent Residents” and can stay as long as they like, even become a U.S. citizen after five years. Green Cards do have to be renewed every 10 years, like passports. There are many approaches to achieve permanent residence status as you can see by the following Margaret W. Wong and Associates client success stories. They are just some examples of those who have obtained their Green Cards and are now Permanent Residents of the United States of America. If you are looking for help to become a permanent resident – please contact us today!

Malaysian scholar suffers extreme hardship but earns Green Card

Scholar faces hardship The strength of a family is often defined by the challenges that test each members resolve, devotion, and commitment towards achieving a common goal. For our Malaysian client and his family, building a life in the United States amidst the most extreme personal hardship proved that no challenge is too great and no goal is ever too far away. After assisting our client for over ten years,

Read More »

Green Card for New Parents

Ms. C was born in China. She went to school in China and then Japan before coming to the United States. She entered the U.S. legally on a B-2 Visa and moved to Chicago. One day, at a mall, she met a young American medical researcher. Soon, she discovered that she was unexpectedly expecting. He immediately proposed and they were soon married. They moved together to Maryland and then began

Read More »

I-751 Petition for Permanent Green Card

Green Card Challenges Ms. B was born in China. While she was still there, she met and married a U.S. citizen. She wanted to come to the United States and get her Green Card, so her husband began the process for her. She was able to get a temporary Green Card and began living in the United States. Soon, filed an I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residences. Unfortunately, the

Read More »
Green Card Application Stalled

Fighting for a Green Card

Terror in China Our client, Ms. C, was born in China in 1972, in Northern China. She met and married her husband in China and they had a baby girl. Because of China’s one-child policy, she was forced to accept an IUD (Intrauterine device) birth control implant with regular checkups. At one of these checkups, Chinese officers discovered that the IUD had fallen out and she was pregnant. She herself

Read More »

Green Card for a Bulgarian

A Chance Meeting An American citizen from Ohio wanted to get a Green Card for his wife, who is from Varna, Bulgaria. They have a romantic story that feels like a movie script. They met by chance on a cruise ship together. At the end of the trip, they continued communicating with each other and began to fall more and more in love. He even went to visit her in

Read More »

Long Wait for Green Card

Waiting Patiently to Apply Mr. G came to the United States from Mexico in the 1990s. Soon, he was able to gain permanent residence and filed an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative for his daughter. The next step is to apply for a Green Card with an I-485 Application for Permanent Residence. However, the government only gives out a small number of visas every year and so there is very

Read More »

Green Card dream come true

Mr. W’s Story of Struggle Our client, Mr. W, was an electrical engineer in his home country of China and had traveled extensively for his work. Eventually, in 1997, his travels brought him to the United States; he entered legally, originally on a visitor visa. Once he was in this country, he was dazzled by the quality and quantity of educational opportunities here. He also began to appreciate the more

Read More »

Chinese immigrant married in jail receives a Green Card

Final order of deportation leads to jail We were retained by a Chinese client on February 10, 2011. Our first meeting with the client he was not in jail.  He came to the United States on April 12, 1994 and had an old case back in January 1995 which was denied, which gave him a final order of deportation. At the time we met, he was single, but he had

Read More »

Client overstayed we got her a permanent Green Card

Her Green Card Story Our Client, Ms. W,  immigrated to the United States from China. She entered the country on a visitor visa but overstayed. While here, she found love and got married to a U.S. citizen. Because of her marriage, she was able to apply for a Green Card, which was approved. However, since she had been married to her husband for less than two years, she only received

Read More »

Research technologist gains Green Card

Started as a student  Our client, a research technologist from Bangladesh, came to USA in 1996 as a student under an F-1 Visa. His wife came with an F-2 (as a spouse of F-1 visa holder). While he was attending the school he was allowed to work on OPT (Optional Practical Training). After graduation he started working on H-1B with the Cleveland Clinic Foundation who agreed to sponsor his Green

Read More »
Scroll to Top