Health Care Immigration

Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC is among the nation’s leaders in healthcare immigration matters. Among the tens of thousands of cases handled by our immigration lawyers are a tremendous number of J-1 waivers and other measures in service of healthcare professionals and health care companies. J-1 Waivers: Many healthcare specialists enter the country through J-1 visas, which allow exchange of physicians, students, researchers, and other professionals. The spouses and children of J-1 visa holders can enter on J-2 visas.

It is seldom as difficult to get a J-1 visa as it is to get a J-1 waiver. J-1 visas require returning to your home country for two years, but you can avoid this requirement if you qualify for any of the strict bases for procuring a J-1 waiver. Our law firm is among the nation’s leaders in getting J-1 waivers; we know how to demonstrate to the government that you qualify. (See our J-1 Waiver success stories for a few examples of our past work.)

Other types of visas that apply to the health care immigration are:

H-1A: For registered nurses (RNs) H-4: For spouses or children of H-1 visa holders Schedule A: For nurses and physical therapists O-1: For aliens of extraordinary ability in sciences or other areas. (See our O-1 success stories.)

And of course, many more general work visas apply to health care immigration. See also our Employment Based Immigration page for information valuable to employers of all kinds.

Recent Posts

Scroll to Top