Individuals that have shown extraordinary ability in science, arts, education, business, or athletics may be eligible to obtain an approved employment-based immigrant visa petition (Form I-140). To qualify, individuals must demonstrate achievements of sustained national or international acclaim that have been recognized in their perspective field through documentation. The individual's entry into the United States must substantially benefit the United States. Furthermore, individuals pursuing entry to the United States must to continue work in their perspective area of extraordinary ability. Individuals interested in applying for the E-11 Alien of Extraordinary Ability category must provide proof of a one time achievement, such as a major, internationally recognized award (e.g., Nobel Prize). If you are not the recipient of such an award, then documentation of any three of the following is required:
1. Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards.
2. Membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought which require outstanding achievement of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts.
3. Published material about the person in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
4. Participation as a judge of the work of others.
5. Evidence of original scientific, scholastic, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance.
6. Authorship of scholarly articles in the field.
7. Artistic exhibitions or showcases.
8. Performance or cultural role in organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation.
9. High salary or remuneration in relation to others in the field.
10. Commercial success in the performing arts.
This category is one of two categories for which individuals may petition for themselves, for no offer of employment nor labor certification is required. The Alien of Extraordinary Ability is intended for the small percentage of individuals who have risen to the very top of their field of endeavor. If you feel that you’re a qualified candidate or have any questions about applying as an Alien of Extraordinary Ability, feel free to contact our staff or readily available lawyers.