Travel Documents / Visas

It is not unusual for people in the U.S. on work or family visas, or for those who have recently become citizens, to wish to travel abroad. Business commitments, ill relatives or other family emergencies may make travel necessary. It can be stressful, however, to wonder if your travel documents will be handled properly or if you will have problems re-entering the country. Our experienced immigration attorneys work with clients in Cleveland, OH; New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Nashville, TN; Columbus, OH; Minneapolis, MN; Raleigh, NC. Allow us to help you prepare your travel paperwork quickly and accurately to ensure you experience no problems leaving and re-entering the U.S.

Contact us to schedule a consultation in person or by phone regarding a travel visa. Our office can help you apply for travel documents with the Department of Homeland Security.

Travel Visas and Green Cards

If you have a green card or are in the process of getting a green card:

  • You may travel or stay outside the US for up to 6 months.
  • If you are out of the country for 6-12 months, you will need to submit your green card at a port of entry.
  • If you are out of the country for 1 to 2 years, you need a re-entry permit.

Inadmissibility and Bans on Re-Entry

There are several circumstances that could stand in the way of your re-entry into the U.S. if you have been abroad:

  • A prior illegal entry into the U.S.
  • A criminal charge against you
  • A problem with your paperwork
  • Having been out of the country for too long without seeking a re-entry permit

If you have concerns that you may be banned from returning to the U.S. or that you may be inadmissible for re-entry, contact our office. We can assist you wherever you are currently located.

Contact Us

Contact our attorneys or call us at (216) 566-9908 for further assistance.

Recent Posts