Polish Festival at the Shrine Church of St. Stanislaus

On the weekend of October 8th through 10th, the banner of Margaret W. Wong & Associates LLC hung in the social center of St. Stanislaus Church where its 31st annual Polish Festival took place.

In addition to hanging the banner, we also purchased a half-page ad for the program booklet where we read that the congregation was officially formed in 1873 by people who immigrated to the United States from Poland and in 1886 the first cornerstone of was laid of what would become truly a majestic church that was finally completed in 1891.

Throughout the weekend, festivalgoers were treated to good fellowship, great food and tuneful music provided by such ensembles as the Uptown Sounds Polka Band.

Usually, the Polish Festival attracts scores of people, but we were worried that this year might be different due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Thankfully, we were told that the festival could be counted as a much-welcomed triumph for the St. Stanislaus congregation and the Slavic Village community.

What’s more, as Cleveland Councilperson Anthony Brancatelli, Ward 12, wrote in a letter that appeared in the program booklet:

“Today we are seeing a steady pace of rebuilding in Slavic Village…The feel of an old-fashioned neighborhood is returning. And what better way to celebrate than to throw an old-fashioned polka party.”

Related Posts

Scroll to Top