Other Immigration Documents

Our US immigration lawyers combine for more than 200 years of experience. We have advised and counseled tens of thousands of immigrants on green cards (permanent residency), deportation, citizenship, derivative citizenship, family visas, “aging out,” and much more.

Aging Out or Child Status Protection Act (CSPA)

The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) changes who qualifies as a child for purposes of immigration.  This act allows beneficiaries to retain classification as a “child,” even if he or she has reached the age of 21. This is dependent upon certain factors including how long the immigrant petition went unadjudicated for.

Citizenship and Naturalization

Depending on how you obtained your green card you may qualify for US citizenship either 3 years or 5 years after being admitted as a permanent resident.

Derivative Citizenship

Citizenship can be automatically granted to children through the naturalization of parents or, under certain circumstances, to foreign-born children adopted by U.S. citizen parents, provided certain conditions are met.

Green Cards

Green cards can be awarded through employment, family, refugee or asylee, religious reasons or investment.