We are New York

Employment Based Immigration Attorney Services in New York City

Experienced legal service on immigration matters for New York Employers

With more than 200 years of combined experience delivering comprehensive immigration representation to clients around the world, Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC is a premier New York City law firm providing skilled, responsive legal guidance to employers who have a wide variety of immigration needs.

Serving clients across the United States with offices in New York City and other major cities, our firm focuses on providing high-quality legal service to employers and companies with immigration questions and concerns. We have successfully handled tens of thousands of immigration cases, and have extensive experience with immigration visas and nonimmigrant visas.

Whether to apply for an immigrant visa or nonimmigrant visa depends upon whether the stay will be temporary or permanent:

•    Immigrant visa: In New York City and elsewhere, an immigrant visa allows your employee to begin the process of obtaining permanent residency in the United States. Permanent residency allows an individual to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. The permanent residency document is commonly referred to as a green card.
•    Nonimmigrant visa: There are several ways that foreign nationals can apply for a nonimmigrant visa to allow temporary admission to the United States. Students, business and pleasure travelers, temporary workers, foreign governmental officials, and others can apply to enter the United States for a specific reason and term of time.

New York City is a financial and economic magnet for companies, investors, and business interests from around the world. A popular immigration destination, New York City has a history of welcoming and supporting immigrant populations. When you need dependable, current information and legal representation on immigration issues in New York City, you can rely on our firm for knowledgeable, cost-effective service to you or your company.

New York City attorneys help you with immigrant visas

Whether you have a personal interest in immigration or are working to help valuable employees and workers permanently relocate to the United States, our legal team can assist you in a number of ways, including:

•    Labor certification / PERM: Taking eighteen months or more, labor certification is a review process that ensures the American labor force cannot produce the specialized employees required by your company.
•    EB-11: Immigrants of Extraordinary Ability: Foreign nationals of extraordinary achievement who have attained high honors in their field may qualify through this visa process.
•    EB-12: Outstanding Professors and Researchers: This visa applies to applicants with a tenure-track, tenured, or research position waiting, and who are highly regarded for excellence in their field.
•    EB-13: Multinational Executives and Managers: If you have an exceptional manager or executive who will remain in that capacity after a move to the United States, this visa may be a good option.
•    EB-21: National Interest Waiver:  This specialized visa is available to those whose entry into the United States is considered to be in the country’s national interest.
US immigration officials may exercise their discretion on employment-based immigration applications. To reduce lost time and frustration, and to avoid a denied application, it is important to submit an accurate, correct filing the first time.

Skilled guidance on the nonimmigrant visa process in New York

There are several nonimmigrant visas available to encourage economic exchange with the United States. Some of these visa opportunities include:

•    J-1 Waivers: This specialized visa is often used by healthcare professionals.
•    E Visa: Foreign investors or treaty traders who are nationals of a Department of State treaty country are permitted to live in the United States.
•    H Visa:  These visas provide temporary employment opportunities for professionals in the US.
•    H-1 Visa: Temporary Workers:  Employees with niche or highly specialized skills can apply for a H-1 visa.
•    H1B / B-1 in Lieu of H-1B: This visa can be used to sponsor a highly skilled employee for work in the United States for three years, with the possibility of a three-year extension.
•    L-1 Intra-Company Transferees: These visas permit current employees in a foreign country to transfer as an executive, manager, or other specialized position to the parent or affiliate company in the United States.

If you have questions or are interested in immigration or sponsoring an employee, talk to an experienced immigration attorney in New York City before you begin the process.

Work with a highly regarded New York immigration law firm today

Awarded the preeminent AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, among other honors, the legal team at Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC provides trusted legal service on complex visa matters involving work, family, deportation, and criminal charges. When you need accurate answers and cost-effective service, call us at (216) 566-9908 or contact us today.

Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC – New York City

139 Centre Street PH112,
New York, NY 10013
(212) 226-7011

Recent Posts

Scroll to Top