DREAMers Can Apply for $25,000 Scholarships
The Dream.US, a national advocacy organization for young immigrants, will be providing DACA recipients, also known as DREAMers, with $25,000 college scholarships. The organization began accepting applications last month and will continue accepting them until October 26th. There are scholarships for first time college students and community college graduates. The Dream.US website has some great information on the scholarship and who qualifies, and we've included some the of the requirements below.
- Intend to enroll in and attend one of TheDream.US Partner Colleges in 2015 and be eligible for in-state tuition;
- Have a high school un-weighted GPA of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent GED score);
- Have been born on or after June 16, 1981 and have come to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday
- Be DACA or TPS eligible and have applied for or received DACA or TPS approval; and
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need.
For more information, please go to the Dream.US website.