Long Wait for Green Card

Waiting Patiently to Apply

Mr. G came to the United States from Mexico in the 1990s. Soon, he was able to gain permanent residence and filed an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative for his daughter. The next step is to apply for a Green Card with an I-485 Application for Permanent Residence. However, the government only gives out a small number of visas every year and so there is very long backlog of cases in the State Department. Every month, the State Department publishes their Visa Bulletin. Families from some countries need to wait many years to move forward with their Green Card application. During that time, Mr. G and his family lived quietly in the United States and had kept away from trouble. Mr. G. even became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2010.

Margaret W. Wong & Associates gets them a Green Card

As soon as it was possible, Mr. G. got to work on filing the Green Card application by contacting Margaret W. Wong & Associates. First, we had to file Freedom of Information Act requests to get all the information we need. Then, we helped them file their application for a Green Card. Soon, their application was approved. The client is now a happy holder of a Green Card and can live in the United States legally. Mr. G and his family were patient for a long time and our firm was able to finally help them realize their goal.

Read more of our Green Card Success Stories!