Hard Work for I-601A Waiver

First Steps with Our Firm

Our client, Mr. G, came to the United States from Mexico when he was just 16 years old. He was looking for a better life and found love. He met his wife, a U.S. citizen, and they started a family together, living in Ohio. After they were married, ICE came to their home one day and arrested Mr. G. Looking to get him out of jail, Mr. G’s wife came to Margaret W. Wong & Associates for help. With diligence and hard work, we were able to get him out of jail. Then, we began working on gaining him permanent status here in the USA so he could be with his family. We decided to work on his case from two different angles. First, we filed an application for asylum. We also filed an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative, which was approved. Now that he had his I-130, the I-589 was no longer necessary so we withdrew the case. Because he had a deportation order, we helped him file an I-212 Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission. Because of our expertise in assembling all the required documentation, USCIS approved his application.

The I-601A Waiver

Now there was only one more thing that Mr. G. needed before he could apply for a Green Card: an I-601A Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver. Similar to the I-212, this application requires a lot of support to document the pain that Mr. G’s wife would feel if he had to leave the U.S., or if she decided to go with him to Mexico. We gathered all the documents and submitted the application. Soon, we received a request for more evidence. After we addressed all the government’s concerns in the request for evidence, the application was approved. Now, our firm is working on helping Mr. G file for his Green Card. He has been our client for many years and we are all very happy to see him so close to finally reaching his goal of Legal Permanent Residence. With Margaret W. Wong & Associates, Mr. G has gone from being in jail to a Green Card.

Read more of our I-130, Waiver, and Green Card Success Stories!