Client overstayed we got her a permanent Green Card

Her Green Card Story

Our Client, Ms. W,  immigrated to the United States from China. She entered the country on a visitor visa but overstayed. While here, she found love and got married to a U.S. citizen. Because of her marriage, she was able to apply for a Green Card, which was approved. However, since she had been married to her husband for less than two years, she only received a conditional Green Card, set to expire after two years. She filed an I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence application to adjust to a “permanent” green card before her other conditional one expired.

MWW & Associates Helps Get Her Green Card Extended

However, this is where Ms. W ran into a problem: her application to renew her Green Card was sent back, and the government wanted more evidence that her marriage was a true one. She was not sure what she needed to do, so she came to Margaret W. Wong & Associates for help. We analyzed her previous application and the request for evidence from the government; with this knowledge, we helped her gather more evidence to support her application and responded to the government’s request. Only three months after her initial consultation with us, her application was approved. She can now live here peacefully with her family, knowing that her Green Card will remain valid for the next ten years.

Check out more Green Card Success Stories