Fabiola Cini, a Partner at Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC, received her Law Degree from The University of Tirana Law School in Tirana, Albania in 1997, and her Master's Degree from the Magistrates' School in Tirana in 2000. She served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Court of First Instance in Tirana, Albania from 1998-1999 and was thereafter appointed as a judge for the Fier Court of First Instance in Albania where she worked for about three years before she and her family moved to the United States. While attending the Magistrates' School and working as a Judge in Albania, Mrs. Cini completed several training courses offered by various organizations in Europe such as the European Council of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France; Judicial institutions in Stuttgart, Germany; Zurich, Switzerland; the Legionowo Academy in Poland and the Superior International Institute of Criminal Sciences in Syracuse, Italy with focus on Human Rights, judicial system and fighting against organized crimes. In addition, she participated in professional enhancement programs and obtained certifications in the field of International Secured Transactions, International Public and Trade Law.
Mrs. Cini joined the firm and became part of our litigation support team in 2005. Having completed an LL.M law degree at the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2013, she passed the Ohio Bar in 2014, and joined the firm as an associate attorney. Long familiar with Fabiola Cini's excellence in case management and client communications, Margaret W. Wong was pleased to invite her to shareholder status in 2016. Ms. Cini represents clients in asylum cases, family-based applications, she is part of the litigation team and office management.
She is an adjunct professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law.
Mrs. Cini serves as Treasurer for AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Ohio Chapter Executive Committee and as Ohio Chapter AILA asylum liaison.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- LL.M. - 05/2013
- University of Tirana School of Law
- Law Degree - 1997
- School of Magistrates, Tirana, Albania, Masters of Law (Magistrate [Judge])
- Various training seminars and certifications
- International Secured Transactions, International Public and Trade Law
- Training program for Albanian Judges and Prosecutors , Organized by the ABA/CEEL (American Bar Association / US Department of Justice in cooperation with the Central and Eastern European Legal non-profit organization) held in Legionowo Academy, Poland
- Training program sponsored by the European Council on Human Rights and Administration of Justice, Held at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasburg, France and various courts and judicial institutions in Stuttgart, Germany and Zurich, Switzerland
- Other certifications and professional trainings 1999-2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2020
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2020
- Ohio, 2014
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law, currently teaching Immigration Law for LLM students
- Member of American Immigration Lawyer Association since 2016
- State of Ohio Bar, May 2014