Kevin M. Burns
Kevin M. Burns is a licensed Ohio attorney. Attorney Burns graduated magma cum laude and in the top 20% of his class from Akron Law School and scored in the 87th percentile on the Ohio Bar Exam. Kevin is passionate about immigration law and policy and published an article on the National Interest Waiver advocating for immigration rights.
While at Akron Law School, Kevin worked as a law clerk with the Kent State University's Office of General Counsel, and the Summit County Executive Office. Kevin also worked as an attorney at Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, an Akron, Ohio law firm, focusing his practice on employment law, discrimination law, contract law , real estate transactions, landlord-tenant law, nuisance law, estate planning, corporate law, secured transactions law, and health care compliance.
Before law school, Kevin worked and lived in South Korea. Kevin also earned a master's in social work from Youngstown State University. Kevin also earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a concentration in Neuroscience and dual minors in World Religion and Biology from Mercyhurst University.
Kevin is a creative solution-focused problem solver with a knack for advocating for people's needs.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- Juris Doctor - 2020
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Top 20% of his Class
- Youngstown State University
- M.A., Master of Arts - 2015
- Major: Social Work
- Mercyhurst University, Erie, Pennsylvania
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2008
- Major: Psychology, Neuroscience Concentration
- Minor: Religious Studies, Biology
- Ohio, 2000
- "Essential Immigration Policy Reform: Reinventing the National Interest Waiver," Akron Law Review: Vol. 53 : Iss. 1 , Article 8
- OSBA (Ohio State Bar Association) Real Property Student Scholarship Award, 2018
- Mahoning County Bar Foundation Scholarship, 2017 & 2018
- Judge Donald T. Anderson Endowed Scholarship, 2019
- Akron Law School Social Justice Fellow, 2017 - 19
- Certificate-Oil & Gas Title Research, Gemondo and McQuiggan Law Firm, 2018
- Academic Success Program Fellow—Property Law (2018)
- Kent State University’s Office of General Counsel, Law Clerk
- Summit County Executive Office, Law Clerk
- Roderick Linton Belfance, LLP, Attorney
- Akron Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association