Asafu Suzuki, Esq., joined Margaret W. Wong & Associates, LLC in August 2017, having served Asian American Community Services, in Columbus, Ohio, as Program Director. Her experience in building legal support for community-based organizations, and her career focus on advancing civil and human rights, give Asafu a strong background as an attorney in our Columbus, Ohio, office.
Asafu assists clients in all areas of immigration law, including family and employment law, criminal alien issues, asylum, deportation and removal proceedings, and non-immigrant visas. She is fluent in Japanese.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Juris Doctor, 2014
- Dartmouth College, BA, 2009
- State of New York Bar, 2015
- State of Ohio Bar, 2015
- Panelist, Why We Still Need an Equal Rights Amendment; 2012 National NOW Conference
- Seminar Chair, Federal Bar Association, 1990 – 2002
- Adjunct Professor, CWRU School of Law
- Refusal of Emergency Contraception: Religious Freedom or Inflicting Harm?, National Organization of Women, Blog, posted July 11, 2012.