Ohio, Michigan Immigrant Visa Attorney
As opposed to non-immigrant-visas, immigrant visas put a foreign national on a path toward permanent residency (a.k.a. a “Green Card”). However, not everyone qualifies for immigrant visas. The attorneys of Margaret W. Wong & Assoc. Co., LPA can work hard to get you any of the following:
- EB-1: Foreign nationals with special skills and knowledge can get an EB-1 visa even if they do not have a job offer or labor certification. A few types of EB1 visas are:
- EB-11: Immigrants of Extraordinary Ability
- EB-12: Outstanding Professors and Researchers
- EB-13: Multinational Executives and Managers
- EB-2: Like the EB-1 visa, the EB-2 visa is reserved for immigrants of special ability. However, to get an EB2 visa, you must have an employer willing to sponsor you for labor certification. You do not need to have a job yet. The main EB2 visa is the EB-21: National Interest Waiver.
- EB-3: People with college degrees from the United States or a foreign equivalent can apply for an EB3 visa. You must have a United States employer willing to sponsor your labor certification.
- EB-4: A religious worker can get a EB-4 green card visa if he or she belongs to an denomination that has had a nonprofit organization within the United States for at least two years.
- EB-5: To qualify for an EB-5 investor visa, you must contribute from $500,000 to $1 million in some sort of new business in the United States. Only around 10,000 EB5 investor visas are available each year.
- Schedule A: Because of the shortage of nurses and physical therapists in the United States, foreign nationals who are qualified nurses or physical therapists can qualify for a green card very quickly, without going through labor certification.
- Labor Certification / PERM: Labor certification under the PERM system is required for many immigrant visas. A United States company must sponsor your labor certification.
There are also other ways to get a green card. For example, the federal government holds an annual US Green Card lottery in which 55,000 green card visas are available to qualifying foreign nationals.
The attorneys of Margaret W. Wong & Assoc. Co., LPA have more than 60 combined years of experience dealing with tens of thousands of immigration cases. We are one of the fast-growing and well-respected immigration law firms in the United States. No matter what your issue with immigrant visas, our attorneys can help.
Contact our lawyers or call (216) 566-9908 to speak with us about your situation.
Our staff speaks many languages, including Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Korean, Spanish, Albanian, Russian, Tajik, French, Tagalog, Turkish, Uzbek, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindko, Pashto, and Hindi. Call today to talk with a representative in your language.